Friday, August 23, 2013

Where did summer go?

Where did it go? I have a gazillion pictures in my camera and laptop and  I look there for clues. It went to…

  • making ice cream late at night
  • many trips to the zoo
  • gardening
  • picnics
  • play dates
  • nature walks
  • crochet (finally finished that ripple blanket!)
  • reading, lots of reading
  • making forts
  • bird watching
  • sleep overs
  • the hubster's scary fireworks 
  • late mornings in pj's
  • eating wild black berries 
  • spoiling Buttercup 
  • carnivals and more carnivals
  • car shows
  • long bike rides
  • napping and daydreaming under trees
  • homemade raspberry lemonade
  • spoiling two little kids as much as I possibly could
Although summer isn't over, I think I am ready for my favorite time of year, Autumn. The pumpkin flavorings in everything, the crunchy leaves underfoot, the delicate breeze that upsets the rays of that too hot sun and the beautiful trees that dance in the wind, make up for the hustle and bustle of another busy school year. 

You can go now summer, 
not that you were that bad. 
You were soft, breezy and not too hot, 
and I do appreciate that. 
But I would like for fall 
to come a bit early this year, please. 
So move over summer 
and make room for autumn leaves. 

Gabli


1 comment:

  1. Hi Gabli! Oh, it sounds like you had a perfect summer! You made the most of it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.