Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crochet Granny Square Blanket n More

When the ladies at work decided to make blankets for babies whose mother's are involved in our programs, I was overjoyed. I don't need a reason to crochet but if you give me one then I can explain to my husband all of the yarn around the house. Naturally, I had to make something simple and fast and I fell in love all over again with the granny square.


I also got to finish this little gift for my sister in law. I love the purple plum color on this. At first I attached it with a pin and then decided to sew it on and add a black button to the center. Ever make a gift you don't want to give away? This one was it for me but now I am way too much into my ripple blanket to give in to making one for myself.
I also finished all of my other projects on time (ouch wrists) and I love the look on Uncle P's face when he wears it. I like it so much that I used some cheap black yarn to make myself one too. They actually keep your nose very very warm.



I am hoping to finish this baby soon so that I can continue work on hubster's wave blanket. Hopefully I will be done by next Christmas;)

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you find time to play with yarn and hooks!


LetterMo2013square-300x300.jpg


Gabli

2 comments:

  1. Fun hats with the beard... And love the blankets! I love to make them, but I know what you mean... They do take a while ... Happy New Year to you also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! You are a machine!! I am so impressed with all the things you get done! And you can totally pull of that hat! I would've looooved one of those when I was in college in Michigan during the dead of winter! You would make a fortune selling them there! And I love that plum color in that scarf (and your blanket)!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.