Friday, January 25, 2013

Cozy apples, spring and chocolate!

Cozy apples : My sweet apple cozy was in my possession for a whole day before it was given a new home in my sister's lunch bag. Because I eat an apple a day- seriously I do- I needed another. I made another with a yarn I disliked. It turned out more like an apple bag thingy. This one was swiped before I even finished it, by my  little girl. Sigh…. At least I am saving apples  from bruises. I have to do another one for myself soon and actually find a pattern to do it properly. 

Spring: Speaking of patterns. Jaime over at More Than I'd Hope For sent me an awesome link for an awesome and super easy and super fast Spring scarf. You can find it at by number 19. I got a bit stuck when it says to repeat rows 2 and 3 as before since repeating it would mean skipping 4 and you don't really skip 4 again just the first time. You'll know what I mean if you decide to make it. The diagram is perfect and very easy to follow. Thanks Jaime and Birgit for this. I love it and don't mind the addiction of making more!

Chocolate: My husband and I celebrate two anniversaries. I was a college student when I was engaged to married and diagnosed with some ovarian problems. I didn't have insurance at the time but needed to get rid of a growing tumor/cyst thing.  We were to be married in September but it was January and  my tumor/cyst thingy wouldn't stop growing. We ended up speeding things up and getting married at the local courthouse. I got insurance, got surgery and kept planning our wedding. We continued to live apart as if still engaged to be married (he in the burbs and I in the city) and really didn't feel married at all until we were married properly in a church. I think it was sweet, patient and simply awesome of him to respect my wishes of staying apart until our church wedding. He is a real gentleman and a handsome one if I may say so. So we have our civil anniversary in January and our "real" anniversary in September. While we don't make a fuss about it, chocolate must be eaten on our January anniversary. I found an awesome chocolate cake at Chow. I added a couple of tablespoons of OJ and teaspoons of orange rind. It was delicious and super easy. You will find it under Nyleve's entry "Stupidly Easy Chocolate Cake". Oh so good. The red thing in the middle is supposed to resemble a rose made from those fruit roll up things kids like (ok, ok, I bought them for myself and not the kids). 

An apple a day, keeps the doctor away
Apple in the morning, Doctor's warning
                              Roast apple at night, 

starves the doctor outright
Eat an apple going to bed, 
knock the doctor on the head
Three each day, seven days a week,  
ruddy apple, ruddy cheek!
I don't know about you but this apple thing doesn't seem to be working. 
Gabli




2 comments:

  1. Apple cozies ARE handy!
    I eat an apple every day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing man you married!!! I love that story and I didn't know that about you guys! You have had an amazing journey--you should write a book! And tomorrow, at gymnastics, I am starting my scarf like that :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.