Monday, October 15, 2012

Lake Geneva Wisconsin

I was blessed with a relaxing weekend getaway- (well it was meant to be relaxing but for very active children who came along)-to Lake Geneva Wisconsin. The name of that town just rolls out so sweetly. A dear co-worker set us up in her vacation home in the Geneva National (a Golf Resort). While we do not golf, we got to enjoy a wonderful stay in a gorgeous home. Every room had a splendid view.

And despite the rain and thunder, the colors were wonderful!


 The warm fire kept us cozy as we read from a magnificent collection of books, crocheted with the little princess and watched movies. I actually made a wrist warmer or a fingerless glove sort of thing while sitting here and watching the Avengers (love that Hulk!). Unfortunately - as is always the  case with me- I didn't write the pattern down and have no clue how to get started on the left side! But just the fact that I sat still and not due to illness but rather by choice, is amazing. I will admit that the hubster stopped me from vacuuming and dusting a couple of times. I can't help it- I am always busy at home. I appreciate the fact that I can because it was nearly a year ago that I could not move at all 
and could barely breath. 
Today I can, and so I will, move, make and do.


 I have never been around a beach at autumn. 
Interesting how autumn leaves marry the seaweed and the sand.

 We collected sea shells and watched the waves.
Ahhh to be back there soon. 

BTW, if you are interested in renting this glorious home in this private community, its on VRBO here. It is worth it! All of our needs were met and the town is splendid. And, I am not just saying that because my friend owns the place, it is truly a beautiful and peaceful retreat for a family, a wedding gathering, a golf adventure or a girls weekend away. 

Have a pleasant autumn season!
Gabli

4 comments:

  1. Wow! How beautiful! I have never been to Wisconsin. It looks WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful,place! I'm so glad you had a chance to get away... That is always such a pleasure and renews our soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was renewing and helped us reconnect. Life is so busy sometimes, we forget to stop and take a good long look at our children and appreciate the ups and downs of everyday. If you are ever in this part of town, you must head to Lake Geneva.

      Delete
  3. You have a lovely way with words--and a crochet needle! Beautifully written, gorgeous pictures, and I can see how the Avengers can inspire (but in my case it's Thor that inspires me ;) ).

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.