Monday, September 24, 2012

Tam hat and avocados

Sometimes I feel like I have lived a year in a week . . .
In one week …
--I made three hats and three cowls (I need to post the pics soon).
--I figured out how to make the slouchy hat/tam hat that I saw in "Life as We Know It" (a cute romantic comedy about accidental parenthood). 
--I bought a new car (a bitter sweet event- I expect my cars to last forever but this is my first unused new car with seat warmers)
--I gave up on the crocodile crochet stitch (argh!)
--I broke a toe on my left foot
--My parents sent me avocados from their tree in Puerto Rico (creamy and sweet and this is news given that my mother has a black thumb)
 --I realized that my little girl is faking being asleep when we put her to bed. I now wake up to reminder notes in all sorts of ways… these are attached to a string of all of her ribbons and belts and they led me to the kitchen where  a tiny note reminded me to make blueberry pancakes, not regular pancakes, for breakfast.

-- And this week I will celebrate 10 years of marriage. I have no idea how it got to 10 years! It still feels like the first year as I still enjoy discovering things about my husband. Here is to 10 more…

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Thank you God for 10 years. Thank you for the patience you give my husband to deal with me; for the great blessings and the suffering that has only made us stronger; for supplying when we thought we had nothing; for a family full of love and abundance and for ten of the best years of my life. Thank you God! You rock! 

Gabli


1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary!
    How cute that your daughter thought of such a creative way to ask for blueberry pancakes!
    Your crochet is ALWAYS lovely, Gabli!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.