Wednesday, June 20, 2012

On not some more, S'mores


I do love Hershey's Chocolate - the simple plain kind.
I can remember those rare moments when we had these in our home and my mom appreciating the fact that they were templated and easy to cut away for her tribe of kids, sat and gave each one of us an equal piece. I love how they melt in your mouth.


I like marshmellows too…. mostly in my Chocolate de Abuelita. I found these giant size ones at Walmart. Lttle G tried to stuff one in his mouth and I watched in horror worried that he would not be able to breath. He decided it was to big and popped it out…whew.



Now Graham Crackers are just simply good. Smear some peanut butter, or cream cheese and apricot jam and you are good to go.  Or, dip them in coffee just as they are. They are wonderful to bake with.

So I like the components of smores….but smores? I am most definetely and positevely not a smores enthusiast. As a matter of fact, I had my first smore at 18 years of age and I was not impressed. However, it is my duty as an American Born mommy to introduce these delights to the kiddos.  They like me, were equally unimpressed. Atleast I tried.

Gabli




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.