Thursday, April 26, 2012

Amused

Amused by a nature park near our home I visited with my little boy. 
He got to see a deer pee! 

And scratch itself…..

 Amused by how brave the American Robins are around here these days. 

 Amused by how much love my colorful little ones have for each other. I love love love how they cuddle as part of their night time ritual.
 Amused by the nose on this tropical fish….
 and the colors on this one

The wonderful trees that line my neighborhood...


...and the great colors of an extra early Spring


 Amused by the fact that my husband knew that this holly would not flower unless there was a male of its species next to it….I guess its pregnant and in the winter it puts out the greatest red berries for the birdies. 
Amused by my current garden project. When this Christmas lighted deer would not light anymore (even with my handy dandy light gun), I decided to strip it of its lights, spray paint it brown and set it next to the ivy. This is the very beginning of it two weeks ago. Right now it has ivy up to its tail and derrier….
 Amused by how of the 30 double tulips planted in the fall and covered with an iron mess, only one escaped the squirrels (they are too smart for me)
Amused by how this suppossed annual to our area comes back year after year
 Amused by how this bachelors buttons was on its way to the trash when we saved it and now its stronger than ever...

Amused by how this chenille type of plant draws conversations among toddlers for its "super soft softiness"

Amused by how rosemary creeped its way into our strawberries 
from outta nowhere
 Amused by our Galena find

 Amused and shocked that three weeks and frost, 
these guys still have color and vibrancy!
 Amused by the colors on this bush thats creeping into our backyard..
wonder what it is
 Teapots and teacups in our garden are always amusing

 And amused by how quickly they grow up

What is not amusing is how difficult cross-stitching is….why did I get myself into this? This project must be finished by May 1st…..we shall see, we shall see.
But I am keeping to my new years promise and I am slowing down to be amused by what is true and real and enjoying the colors in my life.
 
Gabli

FotoFlexer_Photo-4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.