Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Vintage Color

I came across some interior decorating magazines from the 70's (or as some would say, the 1900's). They were on their way to the garbage pile when I grabbed them. I find them amusing and at times a bit I feel a bit of sensory overload. I think I will put these on my etsy shop for some cheappo price. 

I know I have seen those plexi-glass tables somewhere recently. The cover of this mag gets a "Whoa!" from me. It says Ikea married grandma on the beach. 


This magazine came with two torn pages- not right down the middle, but out of place. Can you see the little chickens below? I think I will give this one for free if someone buys the other two.

This one is by far my favorite.. COLOR. Its from my birth year. I like the psychological test that is included. I guess I like Ming Green and Chocolate?!

This is from one of the mags above. I like this best of all:

As a universal donor, I can tell you that in HS I was continuously harr… I mean,  approached by blood banks to give blood. I have since changed my number. After many years, I donated last year and I gotta say, it felt good... nope, great to help  others. Which brings me to this:

What have you done for others lately? Its not always about us or our own. Investing in others is part of a strong mental health plan. I hear the excuses all the time at work: lack of time, lack of talent, illness, financial stress, no time for myself hence no time for others... I hear ya!


But it doesn't:
--- take much money to write a letter to a soldier to say thank you
--- take much time to open the door for someone else
--- costs a penny to smile and say good morning to a stranger
--- take too much space in your garden to plant flowers to give the neighbors
--- take too long to wipe the snow from your coworkers car
--- cost a penny to write short encouraging words to a coworker in need
--- take much to come to quiet and genuinely listen to someone else


The best part of investing in others is not the smile and thank you that you get back. Its the spreading of this goodness that continues to give long after you are done. Its amazing to think how far your random act of kindness will reach.



We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
Marian Wright Edelman

You don't need to donate blood to feel the greatness of giving to others. Take a second and invest in someone else. Do it anonymously and its even better! You brain and heart will thank you.


Gabli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.