Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Transitioning

Slowly my home is transitioning into Valentines Day. Yes Virginia, we celebrate Valentines Day. Come to think of it, even if we didn't want to celebrate this day we would be forced to do so. A comes home with so many  goodies from school its impossible to ignore it. Its nice to know that after so many years, little Valentine Day cards still exchange little hands. We try to keep it real around here. That is, we don't go out and buy stuff. We make our own V-Day Cards, have a wonderful dinner together and C an I do our best to spend some quality time together (a rarity given that we are two working parents).
I believe this is last years Better Homes and Garden for February. 
Transitioning… wonder how long that Poinsettia will last. I had one that lasted 9 months once!
After making the grandma star bunting for the holidays, I was inspired to make a heart bunting. I searched the web high and low and found some wonderful patterns here: (these ladies are talented!)


A sampling of the above mentioned sites  



You can see that I have made an assortment of these. But alas, I wanted something a bit bigger and I came up with my own granny square crazy pattern. I have never done anything like this (I am a baby crocheter). I am convinced it looks like a heart. Some blocking and starch definitely helps. I will post the pics of my heart and the pattern I came up with very soon. 
Meanwhile, go out and make yourself a cheery heart bunting won't you? It will make you smile. 

Gabli

2 comments:

  1. I love these cute little hearts! And thanks for the comment you left on my blog earlier about the little felt and heart twig tree. You're always welcome to share an idea you see on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Polly! I need to brave the weather and go out and cut me some twigs for all of these hearts I keep making. Thank you for the great idea!
    Gabli

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and be polite please and thank you.